2016 CA Higher Education Sustainability Conference (CHESC)
Hosted by California State University, Fullerton
The California Higher Education Sustainability Conference (CHESC) and host campus, California State University, Fullerton, invite you to submit a proposal to speak, nominate a campus for an award, or present a poster at this year's conference! CHESC highlights cutting-edge research, as well as case studies with proven successes in curriculum development, operational programs, and community partnerships. This unique event is jointly organized by independent/private colleges, California Community Colleges, California State Universities, and the University of California, creating the opportunity for dialogue across institutions. To speak or present a poster at the conference, please submit a Speaking Proposal or a Poster Proposal.
- Climate Action
- Food Systems
- Green Building New Construction and Renovations
- Green Building Operations and Maintenance
- Health and Wellness
- Institutionalizing Sustainability
- Local (Best Practices from CSU Fullerton)
- Procurement and Business Services
- Social Equity
- Student Affairs and Auxiliaries
- Waste Reduction and Recycling
- Water and Landscape
- Speaking and Poster Proposals Due: February 17th, 2016 at 5:00pm
- Best Practice Awards Due: February 26th, 2016 at 5:00pm
- Conference Dates: June 27th-July 1st 2016 (with core sessions on June 28th and 29th)
1. Highlight the achievements that California campuses have made through innovative and effective energy efficiency projects and sustainable operations.
2. Showcase specific projects as models to be used by other campuses to achieve energy efficiency and sustainability goals.
3. Provide campus staff with a compendium of Best Practice projects that could be transferable to their campus.
- Sustainable Foodservice
- HVAC Design/Retrofit and Commissioning
- Lighting Design/Retrofit
- Energy Efficiency in New Construction and Major Renovation
- Student Sustainability Leadership
- Sustainability in Academics
- Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
- Sustainability Innovations
- Sustainable Transportation
- Innovative Waste Reduction
- Water Efficiency/Site Water Quality
- Sustainability Champion
Higher education campuses have the ability to set the bar of success for public and private institutions throughout the country and even the world. California is often looked to as the laboratory for national policy and is at the forefront of the environmental and sustainability movements, innovating new solutions through research and testing out practices in campus operations that would not be politically viable in other states. We are also home to some of the largest and most influential public university systems in the country. Through the California Higher Education Sustainability Conference (CHESC), campus stakeholders share best practices, discuss statewide policy, and lay the groundwork for future policies and new programs. CHESC is a critical gathering of students, faculty, staff, and administrators from CSU, CCC, UC, and private college campuses in California.
Pre-conference workshops will be held on Monday, June 27th. Core conference sessions, the exhibitor show, and the Awards Dinner will be on Tuesday, June 28th and Wednesday, June 29th. Post conference workshops will be held on June 30th and July 1st. The Student Convergence will be on June 30th.
Please contact us if you have any questions regarding the event. For questions, please contact Katie Maynard firstname.lastname@example.org .
Also, be sure to check out our online media at: