Once again Bike East Bay will be hosting hundreds of Energizer Stations throughout the East Bay, distributing goodie bags and celebrating the joy of biking. Last year over 15,000 cyclists participated throughout Bike to Work Day. We had a record number of children bike to school and mayors leading by example and biking to city hall. We hope you’ll be biking to work, school, or even around your neighborhood on the day of. While you wait, here are some things you can do to get ready and to get involved:
GET STARTED BIKING
Find a bike buddy to help you ride (or become a mentor!), attend a bike education class, dust off your bike, and ride! Visit this page for all the info you need for a safe and fun start.
Wrangle your team of coworkers, friends or family and join the Team Bike Challenge! Track your miles throughout the year - but remember that only miles tracked in May are eligible for prizes!
- Sign up here to Volunteer on Campus: Google Doc BTWD 2014 Volunteer Signup
- Today: Pledge to Bike to work, around town, or anywhere in May!
- Nominate your favorite cyclist for our Bicycle Commuter of the Year awards - they could win a set of Revolights! Register and nominate at YouCanBikeThere.com/BCOY.
- As a volunteer: Become one of our outreach captains! We’ll be providing outreach training and pizza in exchange for you representing us on the day of and helping spread the bicycle gospel at one of our many stations on the day. Visit BikeEastBay.org/volunteer for more details.
- Find an energizer station near you: on May 8th, there will be over 100 different Energizer Stations sprinkled across the East Bay. Find one along your commute route to pick up your Bike to Work Day bag filled with great swag and giveaways! Click here for our interactive online map.
- Spread the word about Bike to Work Day through your community: come by our office to pick up some posters, or print them yourself!
- Get your whole family involved with Bike to School Day.