January 28, 2020
The UC Annual Systemwide Report for 2018-2019 is now available and was presented to the UC Regents this month.Find the UC Report here, and the UC Berkeley highlights here. Items of note from the report for Berkeley related to meeting UC targets:
- Climate - we met the 2020 target in 2014, reducing our overall emissions to below 1990 levels.
- Water - we met both the 2020 and 2025 reductions targets. In the 2018 year we hit the 2025 target, 36% water use reduction over our 2008 baseline.
- Transportation - we have met the commute related goal, with 83% of our community commuting by transit, walking, ridesharing, and bicycling.
- Food - we have met the current target of 20% sustainable food spend in our dining services.
- Procurement - we met UC sustainable goals in selected categories including green cleaning.
- Labs - to date Berkeley has certified 18 green labs, exceeding the UC target of three.