The Office of Sustainability is looking for up to two UC Berkeley students to serve as Green Department Associates working with departments on the Green Department certification process. This is a paid position at $12/hour.
Job Responsibilities: We are looking to hire two Green Department Associates to join the existing team and continue the effort to assist departments who sign up to make their departments more sustainable. Associates will be assigned departments and will be expected to work with them over the course of the academic year. More specifically, the certification process will entail:
- At the beginning of the Fall semester, a call for Green Departments will go out.
- Each Department that enrolls will be assigned a student intern to assist them with the process. Students may be assigned more than one Department and will receive training on the certification process.
- Associates’ work/time will be flexible depending on the needs of the department. Associates will assist with projects, provide recommendations, and assist with coordinating each departments’ Green Team by helping schedule and coordinate meetings and answer questions.
- Associates will meet regularly as a team to coordinate the program.
- A deadline will be set for the submission of completed checklists, and each Department will be audited.
- During the semester, updates on the progress of individual Departments will be shared with everyone participating, and Departments will be encouraged to communicate regularly with everyone in their unit on their progress.
- All certified Departments will be announced during a reception and will receive appropriate recognition.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Be a student currently enrolled at UC Berkeley (required)
- Is comfortable doing independent work, is detail-oriented, and is interested and knowledgeable about sustainability
- Is a self-starter who needs minimal guidance
- Has excellent communication and writing skills
How to Apply:
Send a resume and cover letter describing your interest in and qualifications for the position to Lisa McNeilly (firstname.lastname@example.org). Positions will be open until filled, but the first review of resumes will happen on March 13, 2017.